1992 Cannondale Delta V 2000 full suss - tech question

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all
has anyone had experience of removing the forks/servicing the forks on one of these? any help much appreciated.....
Mike

The forks should come out with a bit of persuasion.

The ones on my old '93 model had to be removed using a rubber mallet. Just make sure that you use something to protect the air valve on top of the forks.

IIrc I also had to loosen off a grub screw on each of the headset cups first though.

All I did to the forks was to inject some grease with a grease gun and at the same time I replaced the headset bearings (they cost about £20 each at the time from a bearing shop - Cannondale wanted twice that for them :shock: ). I believe that you need some special tools to disassemble the fork for servicing which is part of the reason that I didn't do mine.

As above really. Remove stem and bars etc, loosen allen head screws on outside of headset cups (if there are any), support frame so that front wheel/fork legs are off the ground, protect top of fork steerer with something and proceed to repeatedly apply some considerable force (depending on when/if they were last removed and where bike was stored!) with a large, heavy, blunt object until forks drop out of frame..........

I also needed to service time ago the delta v fork, there were some places specialized in headshok, you can google it, but I found them very expensive, and anyway you have remove the fork and send it...So I visited the shops in my city, finally in one I found an experienced mechanic who serviced almost for free it as he was really happy to touch the glorious Delta V2000. My advice is to go to your local shop and if possible look for a mechanic over 30's year old..
These forks needs some lubricant outside from time to time, mine works really smoth now.

Attachments

• Delta v2000 001.jpg
    Delta v2000 001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 911
Back