1991 Scott pro racing

giagio87

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone! I'm restoring to 1991 scott pro racing, the green and white one, but I can't understand what components it fits. can someone help me?
Thx

Re:

Hi! That is an amazing frame, well done! Do you have the original fork that came with it? I believe it came stock with Deore XT at that time, but this website has an excellent brochure archive, so why not have a look at the 1991 Scott brochure and start a build! Oh, and share some lics here, would love to see that!

Re:

Yep, awesome frame - the only Max OR frame Scott ever offered I believe, and for that model year only.

I also seem to remember full M732/5 XT was on these off the shelf. Complete with push push STI shifters if you're nailing it properly! Good luck with the rebuild :)

Re: Re:

troje":1lqkerzm said:
Hi! That is an amazing frame, well done! Do you have the original fork that came with it? I believe it came stock with Deore XT at that time, but this website has an excellent brochure archive, so why not have a look at the 1991 Scott brochure and start a build! Oh, and share some lics here, would love to see that!

Hello! yes I have the original fork!
and the complete group shimano deore xt, the only doubt I have is on the seat post and the handlebar stem ...which ones do I put?
it is a beautiful frame that I have been looking for for months and finally I found !! as soon as finished I will post some photos !!!

sorry for my bad English :D

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":1s4eu8mk said:
Yep, awesome frame - the only Max OR frame Scott ever offered I believe, and for that model year only.

I also seem to remember full M732/5 XT was on these off the shelf. Complete with push push STI shifters if you're nailing it properly! Good luck with the rebuild :)

thank you! I just need to know which seat post and stem are to be put ... and the size!
:D

You need a 27,0 Ritchey Force Directional seatpost according to the catalog. I must say that I doubt if these exist in black (the 1991 catalog shows a black seatpost) so I wouldn't be surprised if it came with a black SR or Kalloy as most of their bikes.

Stem is -also according to the catalog- something called MTS 70400 SB. I did some research and this was a stem produced by SR.

I have one of these 1991 Pro Racing too. Great bike.

Wim

Back