1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Re:

Curious are there any updates on this build. Looking for inspiration to start my 91 Blizzard. I like the Raceface cranks on this build. I still can't decide between xt thumbs or rapid. I have both laying around.

Re: Re:

yeti_bomb":i6mlf1ys said:
Curious are there any updates on this build. Looking for inspiration to start my 91 Blizzard. I like the Raceface cranks on this build. I still can't decide between xt thumbs or rapid. I have both laying around.
So, here's an update:
The bike is near complete, with just a few small changes and touch ups needed.
I found a set of 2 finger lever / Rapid Fire XT shifters, so ended up putting these on instead of the thumbies. I've got the thumbshifters on my 89 and 92 Blizzard and T-Bolt, so I ended up going with rapid fire XT since I wanted this one to be different and a be bit better for off-road.
I recently found an old Syncros post :cool: , 737 pedals, and some ODI grips to use.
The only thing I need to change is the BB to a shorter one. I might put on a short cage XT RD and I also have a set of black rims on old XT hubs that I might try out to see how they will look. And if I find an older Syncros bar, I'll swap it onto this bike as well. But really, I'm happy with how it's come together and lucky to find almost all the parts I was after.

Attachments

• 91BlizzardBuilt1.jpg
    91BlizzardBuilt1.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 91BlizzardBuilt3.jpg
    91BlizzardBuilt3.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 1,229

Blizz":25twwd6n said:
I recently found an old Syncros post :cool:

found? do believe there was a bit of directing involved. ;) :LOL:

that's coming together very nicely. :cool:

Re:

So the frame takes a 27.0 seatpost? I put a 26.8 XY in mine seems to fit. Might just be the old grime making it snug. I guess I need to shop around for a different post. What seat binder bolt are you using on your build?

yeti_bomb":30sqp1nu said:
So the frame takes a 27.0 seatpost? I put a 26.8 XY in mine seems to fit. Might just be the old grime making it snug. I guess I need to shop around for a different post. What seat binder bolt are you using on your build?

definitely 27.0mm for this year. when in doubt, check the RM catalogues. i've scanned and posted from 1991-1997 ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z9pppccwwehv4bi/iUSd3P0LWo

Thanks for the comments!
RockiMtn":2hmqte84 said:
Blizz":2hmqte84 said:
I recently found an old Syncros post :cool:

found? do believe there was a bit of directing involved. ;) :LOL:

that's coming together very nicely. :cool:
Yes, thanks for the heads up on that one!

yeti_bomb":2hmqte84 said:
I'm pretty sure it's a Control Tech, it came on the frame when I bought it last year. I think the standard XT QR looks just fine on these as well.

Back