1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Re:

98 hey I would have guessed 94 95 but I trust your call as your obviously the blizzard expert...I have a vertex in pieces which I thought was 93 or 94 but now im not so sure. It has a different rocky mountain logo than they use today on the head tube front.

its nowhere near as nice as the parts youve gathered so far either haha. Good job I must say.

definitely late 90's post 96 Blizzard with the "signature" decal and the suspension corrected geometry.

Re: Re:

oldschool90":91zu2t5u said:
98 hey I would have guessed 94 95 but I trust your call as your obviously the blizzard expert...I have a vertex in pieces which I thought was 93 or 94 but now im not so sure. It has a different rocky mountain logo than they use today on the head tube front.

its nowhere near as nice as the parts youve gathered so far either haha. Good job I must say.

Thanks! I assembled/serviced at least 1000 Rockies throughout the 90's so I've got a bit of knowledge about these bikes...but if I'm not sure I check the catalogue archive:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... atalogues/

and thanks to RockiMtn, there's some better quality and English versions here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=283838&start=10

Re: Re:

shutter":2ubz9p7f said:
Lookin sweet! What Syncros stem will you be needing? I have oodles of them in every flavor =)

shutter, I'm looking for a 130mm 1 1/8" quill stem. With a noodle would be great!

Here's an update on my 91 Blizzard:
It's almost done and should be ready to ride in a few days!
I ended up going with XT thumb shifters instead of the XT rapidfire shifter/brake combo since I just didn't like the 4-finger brake levers. I found a late 90's Syncros flat bar and matching new school saddle, now I just need a 27.0 syncros post to complete the package! Thanks to Shutter for the syncros noodle stem!
Now I'm on the hunt for a XT rear hub with silver Wolber AT18 rim (not easy to find!), some XT 737 pedals, and maybe a ti Syncros BB to lighten it up.

Attachments

• 91Blizzbuild1.jpg
    91Blizzbuild1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 391
cyclotoine":1ldbghbf said:
Looking good. what length BB do you need?
118mm would give the best chainline I think. I currently have 122mm xt BB and it was fine for the old XT crank, but too wide for the RF I-Beam.

Back