1991 Lightning Flash Restoration JB0090

I believe this bike came w/ the usual Ritchey Logic fork which is already not that easy to find never mind one w/ that paint. I don´t believe it was a special brazed fork but i may be wrong.

I always look for tribble-butted Marin forks, they are a nice ride and a real chance to find.
If you combine them with a 2.3 wide tire you are close to the suspension forks from that age.

By the way I would go for the Ritchey set up....

Have fun while building and riding

Cheers, Martin

I always look for tribble-butted Marin forks, they are a nice ride and a real chance to find.
If you combine them with a 2.3 wide tire you are close to the suspension forks from that age.

By the way I would go for the Ritchey set up....

Have fun while building and riding

Cheers, Martin
I have a 95 Marin Bear Valley SE that i could take the fork off of. Do you think that would work? My Manitou 3 would look the business on that grey frame.

I have bought a can of custom mixed WA9298 Bright Blue Metallic paint for whatever fork I end up finding as well as to do spot fixes on the frame. Will source fork decals likely from Gill.

Last edited:
I have a 95 Marin Bear Valley SE that i could take the fork off of. Do you think that would work? My Manitou 3 would look the business on that grey frame.
If the steering diametre and length will fit give it a try.
It is a double butted fork than but this gives you an idea and there is not to much of a difference.
Keep going Martin

PS I think the colours of the M3 will match the Marin well

Back