1991 GT Karakoram - Lancashire

chrisv40":3d3x5hns said:
Looks like an 18" ctc which comes out as pretty large frame. Both my Gt's are 18" and I'm 6ft 2".

:shock: I'm 5.7 and ride an 18" GT, nice to know they are adaptable :)

kermitgreenkona88":2c3s49hp said:
Go on Dean you know you want to :!: ;)

And always remember ' We're your friends, we're your friends :!: :!: :LOL: :LOL: '

Oh yeah?
I remember the other song from Jungle book, how does it go???

TRUSSSSSST IN MEEEEE! ;)

Thanks for the therapy! :cool:

Dean.

kingoffootball":3j3anfne said:
Well it is hard to copy a name off the bike or even off your picture of the bike:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300690173458? ... 1423.l2649

Inferno red, though not the original forks, and XT mechs and Girvin stem.

Inferno red!
It looks more like an explosion in a pizza shop ! No wonder its still £30

Is this just plain tubing? and I was wondering what the weight would be like?

Oh no I keep looking at it. I think it needs a home, it looks lonely. :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ken":30kk5b2j said:
chrisv40":30kk5b2j said:
Looks like an 18" ctc which comes out as pretty large frame. Both my Gt's are 18" and I'm 6ft 2".

My GT's are 20" c-c, and I'm about 6 ft 2" too. Wouldn't want the top tubes to be any shorter, although there isn't that much standover..

curious to see what this goes for, as I'm thinking about either stripping or selling mine.

Hi,
I am only 5'8" but 32" inside leg!
My Lava dome is spot on at 19" CTT or 16" CTC
Altough I normally ride retro 531 steel road bikes at 22" CTT and have a couple of 23" CTT. I time trialled as a teenager on a 22" CTT with 22" crossbar, which has always been my best size

Still trying to get my head around these retro MTB sizes.

Dean.

Major22":2qsnz3ew said:
The Ken":2qsnz3ew said:
chrisv40":2qsnz3ew said:

My GT's are 20" c-c, and I'm about 6 ft 2" too. Wouldn't want the top tubes to be any shorter, although there isn't that much standover..

My two pen'arth. I'm a 6ft lump and I have both 20" & 18" GTs. I find 20s great on the road or on trails. 18s are great for serious off roading (more control) and jumping.

well it wasn't me that bought it for £47 as my B#@@*Y internet connection crashed again five minutes before the end time.

Someone bought a bargain. It was worth buying for the parts.

Since my provider changed to Talk Talk it has been absolutely RUBBISH.

Any way I also have my eye set on something a little more up market and old skool, and shiney!! :cool: Well, a frame and forks to be precise.

Back