1990 Stumpjumper - good?

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
How are they to ride? Racy? Ponderous? Just a bit cr*p? Fabulous darling?!?

I'm having a Goldilocks moment. My 1993 Explosif is to extreme, my 1990 Fire Mountain is too lardy (even with lots of bling parts :LOL:). I'd like the upright position of the FM, with the weight of the Explosif. I've had a few Marins from the early 90s and have always been disappointed as they feel so wooden to ride. I thought I'd try something else.

Anyone got a magazine review from BITD?

Thanks

Splatter Paint":3aoicyjo said:
How are they to ride? Racy? Ponderous? Just a bit cr*p? Fabulous darling?!?

I'm having a Goldilocks moment. My 1993 Explosif is to extreme, my 1990 Fire Mountain is too lardy (even with lots of bling parts :LOL:). I'd like the upright position of the FM, with the weight of the Explosif. I've had a few Marins from the early 90s and have always been disappointed as they feel so wooden to ride. I thought I'd try something else.

Anyone got a magazine review from BITD?

Thanks

People I respect think better of their stumpjumpers than their fat chance wickeds.
Stumps have west coast style low bb, longer wheelbase and steeper seat angle... but all in moderate doses. That and Prestige tubing. You can´t go wrong.

Re:

Thanks, one was badly listed on eBay, I was ready for a bid, but at half and hour to go it was already over £100.

I'll keep an eye out.

SP

Have a ‘90 black stumpy, have set it up touring, single track, and commuter and now a gravel bike and it’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it beautifully. Get your hands on one and learn it’s limitations, of which there are few.

Back