1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re:

Got to be clear then I think, but it's your bike mate. Just so long as they're grippy and retro. So get the hairspray out! :LOL:

Re:

Mmmmmm hairspray. Never worked for me, even tried wire around the ends. Lock on grips probebly are the best things for bikes since about 1994 lol

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

havent done much this weekend, with a short ride, cracked pace, rain and wind and any other excuse i can muster, not much happened apart from fitting the post, seaddle, bars and a few new bolts. trial fitted a 118mm bb but its too short so ordered a 127.5mm one as it was catching the frame if bolted up and too close for my liking,new crank bolts, cable outers, ferrules and chain ordered too. ive salvaged a relatively new cassette of the cracked pace and replaced that with a roadie one. this will get cleaned and fitted this week once ive also cleaned the thumbies and cantis. also found some cool shimano brake yokes i forgot i had, theyre black ones with the plastic outer case, also some proper crank caps which i hope fit.

anyways, stay tuned folks........

mini update, crank bolts arrived, decided to go with silver so bolted them together, although im not 100% sure where the spacers went between the middle and outer rings on the spider.....

cleaned and polished some xt thumbies and replaced a bolt that wasnt quite right. fitted them with the brake levers, grips i had lying around and some barrel adjuster sleeves i didnt realise i had and cleaned up

cleaned up one of the original cantis, pads seem okay for now so ill refit them. ill do the other tomorrow if i get chance, its stripped ready.

also cleaned a fitted the used cassette, came out nice and the money saved has gone towards the new bb and chain

and just to reflect on it so far, this is what it did look like.....

not quite lol, bb and chain arrived today but no outers, think thats all i need, oh and pedals. the wifes been out training for work this evening and im single parenting tomorrow as well due to her going out again. possibly friday itll get finished........ish

just remembers ive 3 other cantis to clean and rebuild as well d'oh!

Back