1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re:

Liking much, done a few bits by hand previously but you can get wire adapters for paint stripping that would save the blasting process, next year maybe.

How did you do your Mike? I used course wire wool, then fine wire wool then brasso silver polish. Didn't take too much time but luckily they weren't too damaged or scuffed

Re:

For really bad bits, and to remove lacquer I use sandpaper around 240 grade, then 800 wet or dry, dry. Then the same, wet. Finishing off with Autosol. Doesn't seem to lose it's sheen either! :cool:

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

Rapid progress! Looking fantastic too, loving the copper and the almost matching decals, looks a treat :cool:

I need to get involved with the is polishing malarky too...

Re:

Not the best pic but had an hour spare so took advantage. The rear mechs not the nicest but only cost a few quid and the silvers come up okay so happy with that. New bolts all round again when theyre fitted. Fitted a turbo to the post and looks at home, ordered a 26.8 and it looks like itll be fine. Ill clean the inside of the seat tube prior to a greasy pole being slid in.......
Fingers crossed the bars arrive tomorrow so i can bolt a few more bits to it.

Re:

Wont be completely built. Need the cables and chain etc but will be looking much like a bike :) now........clear grips or black to match the saddle? If i can find my retrobike decals theyll go underneath like on my kona

Back