1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

Ooooh. Aaaaaah. Very bling. How many coats in the end?

seven....ish. the paints a tad soft so ill leave a few more days before clear coat, well chuffed the shadow bits worked and decals are a different shade to the paint. subtle enough without being plain.

need to get the wheels cleaned and either new decals or none and finish cleaning the front brake rocker wheel thingy for the stem.

well, the paint sealer is on and its gone a tad duller than expected. used the same gloss sealer/lacquer as the paint i used, ill give it a few more coats and some good lacquer on top. in fairness though it does look like copper pipes now so all is not lost.

realisation of 3 projects currently on the go and crimbo round the corner has mad me slow down a bit spending so the new cassette, chain, headset, post ................etc will wait a bit (although a nice headset will allow it to be semi-built and stored safer)

ill get some better pics up at weekend, need to sell some stuff now so while the cameras out ;)

Re:

All sealed, lacquered cleared and drying and its shiny again, not bright as I'd expected but still happy. Awaiting a headset from Mike and I'll get some fresh pics up.

Looking great! Great painting skills :)

Are those the original forks? It's just that I haven't seen non-tapered ones like that on an Overbury's before - but great looking rattlecan skills!

jazzibizznizz":oaedz1fe said:
Are those the original forks? It's just that I haven't seen non-tapered ones like that on an Overbury's before - but great looking rattlecan skills!

cheers dude :D

forks are, im afraid generic cromo, still light to be fair but it would be nice to find some originals.......without the silly price :facepalm: or some rs1's but that will never happen with the length steerer mines got.

built up the forks, headset and stem to the frame this evening, no pics as yet but im super chuffed!!!! the wheels are fitted minus cassette just to see what it looks like and it feels fairly light too! fingers crossed my new bars and seatpost are here tomorrow for a new pic. the rest will have to wait though due to over spending this month and really wanting to bench polish the crank, brakes etc :facepalm: what happened to just building normal bikes ffs :roll: :D

pics as promised, but my camera skills aint up to much, as the workshop is duty at mo after a quick clean up

stripped a few old chainsets to make one good one after cleaning and ploishing. i'll get some outside pics if it stays fine this weekend and fingers crossed the post and bars will be fitted, oh yeah i need to get some new cage bolts and stem bolts....

Back