1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re:

Looks ace.

Might be worth checking the seatpost. Mine have all been 26.8, doesn't mean yours is but worth being sure

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

The History Man":15wwpyxl said:
Going for gold?

hoping its more like shiney copper ...............but doubting its gonna be owt like the the lid

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":2rn0m7ro said:
Looks ace.

Might be worth checking the seatpost. Mine have all been 26.8, doesn't mean yours is but worth being sure

cheers dude, checked with the calipers and its showing 26.5-6mm, post fits okaybut ill check it when built with a qr to see if it tightens correctly before buying one

so glad i didnt but an expensive 27.2 haha

Re:

That is the original stem! :D Not easy to find one of those.

The seatpost on mine is 27.0mm.

Coming along nicely....

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

small update, gave it its first coat this evening, took some pics then later on another coat. its getting shinier every coat so fingers crossed its really shiney after a few more coats.

pics are poo but i hope you get the idea

wheels are nealry sorted as well, british hubs and french rims, although theyre both mavic 217 rims theyre from different years so the decals differ. ill get some simple ones made up so they match and clean the old amberwalls hanging in the workshop

Re:

5th coat

Think im going to stick to chrome/silver post and bars to complement the groupset and hubs. Once ive cleaned and polished it all. got another pace en route so that will be 2 project to play with over winter, copper rc200......mmm theres a plan

Re:

Cheers dude. My phone pics are poor, it looks frickin ace in the garage light. Hope i can do it justice really and make the rest of the bits look good. Hope santa brings me that bench polisher i asked for.....i have been good...........

Back