1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

I think something very Overburys, but classy and subtle, and of its age, but with a really good pearl clear coat for a real quality finish, so under the light when looked upon it begs the question, " what is this Frame..............? "

perhaps a two colour fade, a pastel pale lilac or green with a stone silver, with a darker looking decal in a metal grey, fade the forks too, match the stem with one or other colour, the pearl clear coat will give a real quality finish too. you could match any black silver against it and it will look very cool, and you could easily have it looking sexy with brown saddle bar tape/grips etc

Re:

How does copper sound?

Considering chrome plating but that may prove very costly and I've seen paint copper metallic look the nuts on bmx in the past.

Subtle, clean and still eye catching in the sunlight.........3 days a year haha

Should be collecting the frame tomorrow morning so fingers crossed it's all in one piece. Then I'll get the hole repaired and primed/sealed while I decide its fate.

The parts are collecting nicely too. Tempted to use a middleburn crank and rings but they're anno red and blue. Too new me thinks and I've some rc36 that are ace but again possibly too new. Not gonna rush this one :)

sinnerman":3ek4ru5c said:
I think something very Overburys, but classy and subtle, and of its age, but with a really good pearl clear coat for a real quality finish, so under the light when looked upon it begs the question, " what is this Frame..............? "

perhaps a two colour fade, a pastel pale lilac or green with a stone silver, with a darker looking decal in a metal grey, fade the forks too, match the stem with one or other colour, the pearl clear coat will give a real quality finish too. you could match any black silver against it and it will look very cool, and you could easily have it looking sexy with brown saddle bar tape/grips etc

Sounds good, may play at work on the computermebob but brown leathers ticking boxes!!!! :)

Always nice when they come apart without any fuss :)

Re:

Is that a Union Jack oily rag? :LOL: :LOL:

What size is the frame ? EBay find? Looks nice :cool:

Mike

Re:

Nah, an old beach towel. Thought it would a good idea to have a Union Jack towel in Portugal. Looked a right twat lol. Serves me well mopping up in the workshop :)

This is gonna be a good looking gate when it's finished are u keeping the forks ??

What's happening with that old chainset ? Will you re use ? I only ask because I have a bike in need of a chainset.

Back