1989 Diamond Back Apex build

Thanks for sharing. I tried to buy one of those for a parts bike a couple of years back, but I thought the owner was asking a ridiculous price. Crappy iphone photos on CraigsList do not do that bike justice.

Thanks Jcs, the frame basically came in this condition..big ups to Tootyred!
I did go over it once with turtle wax but it was gleaming before.
The stem wasn’t so good, so rubbed the paint down and painted\laquered with spray.bike ..can’t recommend this paint enough..works so much better than any other spray paint..proper tuff.
The chain ring is a 44 tooth deckas..was prett Cheap, used this ring for around a year on various bikes..no complaints at all. Great size for speed.
Love 1x as it’s just simple..I’m dyslexic and two gear controls always freaks me out.

The only change I might try is the bars, as I do have a mint surly sunrise bars In my garage.

Thanks Jcs, the frame basically came in this condition..big ups to Tootyred!
I did go over it once with turtle wax but it was gleaming before.
The stem wasn’t so good, so rubbed the paint down and painted\laquered with spray.bike ..can’t recommend this paint enough..works so much better than any other spray paint..proper tuff.
The chain ring is a 44 tooth deckas..was prett Cheap, used this ring for around a year on various bikes..no complaints at all. Great size for speed.
Love 1x as it’s just simple..I’m dyslexic and two gear controls always freaks me out.

The only change I might try is the bars, as I do have a mint surly sunrise bars In my garage.
I had good experience with a deckas ring too. I doubt it is 7075 like they say, but maybe I am too skeptical. It's held up well enough and the price was right

Back