1988 Scott "Sawtooth"------Done !!!

Bike is in realy nice condition Very nice!
Of course Exage components are not top range, but they are not very popular... Personaly I would stay with oryginal stuff

thekid":1odv668o said:
i should do away with the Exage components and do a cool build up with some vintage XT stuff from the attic,but the bike rides great and hits every gear on a dime! what would you do,leave as is ? or build it up with some crazy components :?:

I have the same dilemma. I just bought a completely original 93 Rockhopper with Shimano Altus. I've now desided that I will chainge some parts to XT, and store al the original parts.
Great bike by the way! love the colour

skolioza":fsvrfcao said:
Bike is in realy nice condition Very nice!
Of course Exage components are not top range, but they are not very popular... Personaly I would stay with oryginal stuff

Tough decision but personally I would stay with original specs as well. Exage Mountain is not the best but not that bad either. Had this groupset with my Peugeot BITD and have a soft spot on these. Plus looks unusual today.
What I really like in this bike is a chain stay protection. Does it made from spokes? Ultra cool.

i think i'll keep it original(besides the new tires)thanks for the input on the Exage components like i said it shifts and rides great like it is, why fix it if it's not broke!,yes ,Radoslaw crazy place to put "spare" spokes :LOL:

It makes more sense on Scott than Surly, double functional not only spare spokes storage.

Did my first real "mountainbike" ride on a Scott Sawtooth. It was a purple/pink colour though, had rapidfire shifters, felt very liable to break...which they did. A hire bike in Austria. 1987 I think???

Only one pink Sawtooth in my mind is 1989, but rapidfire shifters was introduce in 1990... Maybe it was 90 Peak? It was purple/pink...

COUPLE OF NEW PICTURES

Picture587.jpg

Back