1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche

More polishing, tweaking, peeling off decades old gunk etc.

Been trying out different stems, will keep the Sakae for now, goes with the original Sakae FX cranks. I put a wanted advert on Facebook for Syncros Steerhorns - had a couple of replies from Canada as expected, and a reply from a fellow retrobiker who turned out to live just down the road from me - small world. Anyway this set have certainly seen some adventures much like the bike itself.

Scored the seatpost the other day, wrong size and too short - doh.

Faded glory Syncros
bars coming in the post.

Glad to see you out enjoying it Joe. What size post are you after, 26.8 or 27.0mm?

Cheers Adrian - this bike really puts a smile on the ol boat race - though I really must get some tyres with a bit more tread 🤣

Ideally looking for a 26.8 seatpost

Bargain Syncros bars sourced from Germany, some fading on the underside but still nice. New decals from Gil. Bar ends wrapped in tressorex which mostly hides the scratches and dings. On the hunt for a nice stem though the funky Sakae that's currently on there does the job for now. Not looking to get this OEM or super pimped etc, as I never manage to keep hold of anything that I put too much £$ in 😅

Instead the idea is to make this a rideable, fun bike, war wounds and all, with some choice parts here and there, not particularly era specific - just what I like.
IMG_9408.jpg

Back