1988 Orange Prestige in great condition considering its age

Yeah 1990 seems right, the number under the bottom bracket area will give a good indicator of its age. Smashing bike, love the prestige and love the Orange and white fade ! :)

Re: Re:

Coleman":3fkpcei7 said:
Strong money, nice though.

Very strong money mate and much more than the one you sold me and I sold on which was complete and better. :?

Good work op, take the money and run!

Yep, definitely strong money, been in a bidding war with someone that equally wants it, but have to surrender most probably on this one am afraid
:(. Shame because I've got a nice set of silver rare ram rod bars, white stalk stem, shimano dx seatpost and orange gel saddle screening to be put on this bike...to make it top notch...back to the drawing board....

Well I got it! :), strong money, but I justified it by the notion that I will just have to work an extra night shift to supplement the extra expense. It was a bike I had on my bucket list, so I would of been more annoyed if I had not bidded for it , despite its price. I agree that the prestige that Coleman & brocklanders had was outstanding/first class, although slightly different frame shape but one of best examples I've seen! However, these prestige bikes in orange and white fade are pretty rare, in the 3 years I've searched, pretty much most days, I've only seen 3! And I think I can hopefully get this prestige to very good standard also, by putting on my Ram rod bars on, period correct Orange saddle and dx seatpost and white stalk stem for starters.. :)

Re:

Its worth waht you're willing to pay and it is a nice one ;)

The saddle should be a rolls san-marco I think.

Look forward to seeing it built, 1990 I reckon.

Re:

Agree with Colman above, if you can afford it it's worth it. Also agree that a Rolls will suit better and Ram Rods are a bit too modern (1992ish instead of 89/90) but am well looking forward to the out come. :cool:

Thanks for positive comments guys :). yeah I totally agree in reflection regarding the saddle, I have a spare early 90's rolls knocking around, so will use that instead of the orange gel one, will keep it on my 93 clockie.. As for the ram rods your exactly right in regards of them being introduced in 1992, so too late.. not sure what bars to use, I have hot rods in silver and orange colour, but I think they started in 1992 also.. what would you suggest? Anyway thanks again, hope to get it built fairly quickly.. :)

Back