1988 Cannondale SM1000 Red Shred - Finished

Re: 1988 Cannondale SM1000 Red Shred

calorrado":2dhqrd2l said:
Kenda K Rad white Walls, summer Cali' cruiser stylee!

This is either going to be a brave / inspired move.......or one hell of a "Fugly one" :shock:

Looking forward to seeing the outcome

calorrado":bh9pgbc8 said:
Oh I have ordered a set of those new alli' cable guides off Vintagecannondale in black, they look superb, as the ones I have are grey so will save them for the other frame I have waiting.

Brian worked on them since a long time. Happy to see that you take them. He told me that he will try to make them in white :D

24pouces":1ar3df2a said:
calorrado":1ar3df2a said:
Oh I have ordered a set of those new alli' cable guides off Vintagecannondale in black, they look superb, as the ones I have are grey so will save them for the other frame I have waiting.

Brian worked on them since a long time. Happy to see that you take them. He told me that he will try to make them in white :D
Cool, some great people out there hepling us all able to these antiques alive!

Here a couple of pics from this afternoon, nos front derailleur, thumbshifters have been lightly refurbed, nos m732 brake levers and odi's on.
Have also repainted the original seatpost to match the handlebars as this was in poor cosmetic condition, the new one is a 26.8mm so will require a careful 0.2mm shim if that is even possible, will try the Coke can method another day.

temporary_10.jpg~original

temporary_13.jpg~original

Looking great :)

Very nicely done so far, congrats! I didn't know guides were available at Vintagecannondale, I just broke one last fall on my '88, nice to know.

Thanks guys it's almost there now, should all be complete in the next 2 weeks.
New turbo saddle, chain and cables have arrived so I do have everything to complete now, but just waiting on some amber walls to arrive also as a back up tyre set to the Kenda's I want to try.

shogun700":2j162bzm said:
Very nicely done so far, congrats! I didn't know guides were available at Vintagecannondale, I just broke one last fall on my '88, nice to know.
Cheers shogun' guides may be a little cheaper for you, I got stung for VAT and handling fee on mine, first time I have ever had to pay :roll:
image_17.jpeg~original
[/URL]

I got the very same a couple days ago. I think the cut off is $25 value :-(

Back