1987 Overbury MTB

AlexMBC

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I’m looking to sell my 1987 Overbury mountain bike. Based in Amsterdam, been used faithfully for the last ten years after my father gave it to me. He bought it directly from Overbury in Bristol.

What is it worth? Happy to provide more info, and my main desire is that it goes to someone who loves it as much as I have.

More detailed specs:
531 tubing frame, handmade with lugs
Shimano XT running gear with biopace chainset

Attachments

• IMG_7278.jpeg
    IMG_7278.jpeg
    998.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7280.jpeg
    IMG_7280.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7279.jpeg
    IMG_7279.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 44
It's worth sending to me.

(Sorry I don't know how much it is worth and I won't look at the thread again because it gives me ideas, I'd keep it if I were you)

That’s a lovely original example. Sadly bottom has fallen out of the market at present. You’d be lucky to make..£200 for it as a full bike if it was collected. I have a very battered one which is worth virtually nothing. Shame it not in uk…….. more likely to find a Bristol area buyer with memories of shop etc.

Tap on peak finder relic in my signature below.

Last edited:
It's worth sending to me.

(Sorry I don't know how much it is worth and I won't look at the thread again because it gives me ideas, I'd keep it if I were you)
This would be perfect for you @Imlach nice relaxed handling, slightly too big (possibly) = uber cool comfy ride. As @The History Man mentioned, the market is crap at the moment so not crazy money and sort of in the right neck of the woods for you, well, closer than the UK!

Interesting it has full m700 deerhead kit. Thats got to be worth a bit as a donor if nothing else....

Reactions: R-V
Back