1987 Concorde Columbo Lo Pro

399road

Dirt Disciple
This is my old Lo pro that I've owned since I was 15, back in 1992! It''s a Columbus Aelle frameset which is weird in that it has concealed gear cables routed through its down tube, but it has its rear brake cable routed externally along its top tube. This bike hasn't turned a wheel since '94. I bought it second hand back then after I got knocked off a cheap Raleigh and the compensation I received paid for this and a nice custom made road bike too. I upgraded a few bits to Dura ace in '93, but it also has several Record bits, so it''s not really tied to a certain date ( just from '87 to '94 )and used to use it for time trialling with Rutland C.C of Sheffield. It''s been hung up in my garage since '97 and now needs a couple of tubs to get it riding again. Please ignore the horrible saddle. I borrowed its Rolls for my mountain bike and this is what the mountain bike had fitted. I'll be fitting a Flite to this one when I Recomission it, but I've got my road bike to do first. I love the PDM colours on this bike and it's still in its original paint.

Thanks. I'm still surprised that my two old bikes have got a good reception on here. Last year before I discovered Retro bike they were just two old relics from the past hung in the garage gathering dust. I even tried selling the Lo pro about 15 years ago and was told it was worthless and that I might as well chuck it in a skip now 26 and 24" front wheeled Lo pros had been banned. Glad they turned their nose up at it now.

A couple more pictures from tonight. Saddle is now swapped to a later Flite and the ugly Tri bars have been removed. Front tub won't inflate any more and bike now needs 20 years of garage grime washing off before the rebuild begins. Two tubs, a set of inner and outer cables, fresh cork tape and it's original Rolls nicked back off my old GT mountain bike ( yep...more 90''s ) and it'll do. Not really period correct, only to when I used to T.T it. Check out the tiny freewheel. It''s 12 to 17 straight through, so bottom gear is 52 17! I'm not looking forward to trying to push these gears now I'm fat and unfit.

Re:

Oh it's worthless alright. Total rubbish. I'll collect it and won't even charge you for its disposal :LOL:

Re: Re:

sheggers":2yhhb2dn said:
Oh it's worthless alright. Total rubbish. I'll collect it and won't even charge you for its disposal :LOL:

Ha! It sat in the bike shop where my other road bike was built ( MB Dronfield ) with a 260 quid ono price tag on it for over a year and nobody was bothered. It was them that said to skip it!

Re:

Bloody awful, I'll take it to the tip for you, and charge you £50 to do so! Anyone want to outbid me?

Seriously, lovely!

I can guarantee those tribars will sell to someone on here mate.
Unless it's particularly hilly where you live, a 19 should be fine. I'll ride it to the tip and am sure the gearing would be fine.
Are small wheels still banned?

Mike

Way2many":1fok647y said:
Sticker looks more like Columbus SL or SLX, C Record rear hub, front?

...more than worth saving!
Well spotted. I stuck that SLX one straight over the top of the Aelle one when I was 16. Not sure if I should peel it off now? The horrible cheap Campagnolo stickers were added at the same time along with my name lettered down the underside of the downtube, though this has vanished mysteriously. Front hub is an earlier Record one and has the word Record stamped into it. I'll try and get some clearer pictures tonight.

Back