1987 Concorde Columbo Lo Pro

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1ll2r8em said:
Well they did a Ghibli, but not sure about fluid :?
Cheers Mike. Maybe I got that wrong then. What's best for sticking tubs on? Tape or glue? Just took old front tub off and I can't believe how easily it flopped off. A bit scary when I think about how much side load they get when cornering. ...Luke.

Nob":2ua01xxm said:
I have 4 Ghibli's of various years & no fluid in any of them.

Ah, but do they make you pedal fluidly during the Abu Dhabi evening 10 series? :LOL:

Tubs? Uh, oh! Can't help there I'm afraid :facepalm:

Mike

Ghibli's are simply designed using fluid-dynamics there is no actual fluid inside them

Challengers weren't banned as far as I'm aware, Mavic simply stopped making them the same as how Campagnolo eventually stopped making the Khamsin as a disc wheel

The Comete +/- version may have been banned however

The Mavic Comete +/- is a good example of the flywheel effect in a disc wheel as it has 12 small weights that can be added or removed as necessary
I have one and it is very noticeable when loaded up with weights

Challengers are indeed very heavy and not fun to use at low speeds and the aluminium does resonate quite loudly even for a disc wheel but I can't detect much of a flywheel effect when I use it despite it's weight

Maybe I read something about fluid dynamics in a catalogue years ago, then and presumed it meant they had fluid in them. I could only afford one of those stretch on Unidisc covers back then. I only chucked this about 18 months ago.

Back to the bike though. It's ready for a blast down the road now it's got a new front tub on. This is the first time I've fitted a tub and it was mega tight to stretch on. I fitted it dry and then left it at 170psi for three days to stretch. Then fitted it using Tufo tub tape which I found pretty easy. I've gone for a new Continental tyre which has black walls, so now I need a rear to match. The rear one is a silk Bis from 92 and is dropping to bits, but will be ok for a test ride down the road tomorrow night. Last time I rode this bike was 22 years ago so it might be a bit wobbly.

Thanks Andy. Do you know if these were sold as a complete bike or just a frameset when new? The Aquila name on yours and Columbo name on mine suggests a complete bike to me. I've not seen a later one before other than yours on here and the black to white fade really suits it. Nice bike. ...Luke.

Re:

The wheel may be late '90s, but the frame certainly isn't.
Closer to early '90s, by my reckoning

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2ed61ttd said:
The wheel may be late '90s, but the frame certainly isn't.
Closer to early '90s, by my reckoning

Mike

Hi, sorry typo early 90,s, the wheel is 2001.

Andy

Back