1987 Concorde Columbo Lo Pro

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":9sr9nx33 said:
Bloody awful, I'll take it to the tip for you, and charge you £50 to do so! Anyone want to outbid me?

Seriously, lovely!

I can guarantee those tribars will sell to someone on here mate.
Unless it's particularly hilly where you live, a 19 should be fine. I'll ride it to the tip and am sure the gearing would be fine.
Are small wheels still banned?

Mike

Mike, I'm having second thoughts about those tri bars now. Might be the seat that made it all look wrong. Back in the day I just hammered it up the hills and that gearing was fine. It was just the friction down tube shifting that let it down as it went all wobbly when you took a hand off the bars.

Re:

Stick an indexed shifter on it mate, it'll be fine then! :cool:

Got to be Benotto tape on those lo- pro bars too, just grip them tight ! :LOL:

Are small wheels not allowed still?

Mike

Always wanted a six speed Dura ace single lever ( if they did them? ), but didn't think it would work very well with running through the down tube and also on a mallard freewheel so I didn't bother. I've no idea what this lever is, but I hate it. I ran Cinelli cork tape on its Cinelli Tempo bars ( hey, it''s got concealed cables through these too! ) and I'll retape these in a plain colour I think. I remember changing the 105 brake levers that came on it for some futuristic looking Modolo ones and then regretting it as they flexed badly and gave no feel to the brakes. They looked cool though, so they stayed. I can' t remember what rear mech it came with, but bought the 8 speed Dura ace one to match the single chainset. I also had one of those Unidisc stretched rubber covers for the back wheel when time trialling and only chucked this last year.I've no idea about the small front wheels being banned or not, but a bloke in our club used to have a mirror on his bike pointing forwards so he could see where he was going when he had his head down!

Tri bars are back on and it''s had a wipe down with a damp cloth. There''s a few extra scuffs and scrapes under the grime. The components are in better nick than I thought and the chrome isn't too far gone to bring back.

Re:

That's a Simplex gear lever . Finding out about a Dura Ace one ;)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=340034

I have the same brakes on my Gitane road bike ( see thread ) and find they work well .

I think T-Cut will bring the frame up well

Mike

Tri bars are staying, but also need tidying up. That gear lever is getting changed for a Shimano if one comes along.There's brand new Brake levers with Modolo calipers on ebay and some also badged as Sachs with white hoods if anybody wants some? A proper wash and t.cut is on the job list this week and also a 26" front tub as it's driving me mad looking at that flat tyre. Hopefully most of those scuffs will polish out and it'll fix up pretty quickly.

Re:

Do you mean that you're selling your brakes?

Mine,

They can be labelled as Modolo, Sachs or Mavic, but are exactly the same model

PM danson67 for a source of smaller tubs if you get stuck, he might be able to help.

I have a single correct colour 6spd Dura-ace lever if required.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1n87nabr said:
Do you mean that you're selling your brakes?

Mine,

They can be labelled as Modolo, Sachs or Mavic, but are exactly the same model
Wow! That looks mint. Dead early 90's and i'd guess 92 but I'm no expert. Your Modolos look loads better in white and grey. Love that Mavic chainset ( 631?) too. A bloke in our club called Rob Townsend had one with slots cut into its spokes back in the day and I wanted one the same for my MB Dronfield. Decided I'm keeping the Modolos as they were something that drove me mad and make me remember how looks meant more than actual function when I was 15. As for that awful Simplex gear lever, it's for the bin now I've been offered a proper Dura ace one.

legrandefromage":qi83nwuf said:
PM danson67 for a source of smaller tubs if you get stuck, he might be able to help.

I have a single correct colour 6spd Dura-ace lever if required.

Cheers Matey, Yes please but it'll have to be next week now. I'll see what tubs are still available and if they are new or new old stock. Thanks again....Luke.

Latest posts

Back