1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisticated Lady. Another one? Really???

fguki

Senior Retro Guru
So, this is wild!!!

Some of you might remember, that in 2018 I stumbled across one of the extremely rare and much sought after CINELLI Supercorsa "Donna" Ladys versions of the infamous "Supercorsa" classic road model. And I won it for 800,00 Euros (complete bike with full Campagnolo Victory group set). 1983 build year.

You can find the thread I made back then here:

Now, 6 years later I found another one for sale during a very casual, regular Google (image) search which I regularly do just to see if I can find something. I managed to buy my 2nd CINELLI "Supercorsa" Donna version from the Czech Republic. This time 1987 build year, same color!

I am currently in the process of spending a shitload of money at eBay, Kleinanzeigen and in the groups and gathering all the parts. Of course, the Campagnolo C-Record is the desired groupset. Maybe it will be a mix of the 1st and 2nd generation. Maybe only the the 2nd generation. We will see ... No, thank you! No delta brakes :)

Note, that (what I think) the fork is non original to the frame. My knowledge is, that there never was any Supercorsa ladies model with an unpainted full chrome fork and without the C-logo-panto on the fork crown (at least the later versions from around mid 80s up to today).

I had a little discussion with the seller about that. He persistently claimed that this is the original fork to the frame ... well, we all know thats some bullcrap right there :) But anyways. If it all works out, I already have the chance to get an original spare retro Supercorsa fork to match the frame and complete it! Already in the correct color! So, that would be awesome.

Here are the very first impressions of the new build and the proud new member of my collection of CINELLI Supercorsas (male and female) and PINARELLO (high class models Record Special, Montello & Gavia):

[Before we start:] Here, you will always find the very current status and latest picture of the build-process :) Enjoy!

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 37.jpeg

Start:

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 01.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 02.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 03.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 04.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 05.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 06.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 07.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 08.jpeg

... to be continued!

:)

Last edited:
Also, yesterday I found the legendary vintage CINELLI ad poster to the sophisticated lady model (Supercorsa donna) in pretty battered conditon and a slight water damage. Hey, I dont care! It was only $ 40.00 dollars - instead of the hundreds, the sellers around the globe usually ask for this. They range from $ 150.00 to $ 500.00 depending on condition.

I will restore this as much as I can and am happy to have it in my collection drawers:

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 09.jpg

In addition to that. I read some history on the official CINELLI site about stuff. Always so nice:

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 10.png

Last edited:
First update here:

One by one, all the parts I ordered arrive. I installed the bottom bracket and cleaned the threads and installed the bottom bracket. Nothing too special, I guess ... pretty generic work.

You also see the fork that the seller included. My opinion: Not original to the bike! So I decided to at least paint it like the original was. With the chromed fork-crown etc.

However! I coldnt manage to hit the correct farb-code! Annoying ... RAL code 3020 (traffic red) looked awesome on the rattle can cap - but was way too orange / yellow ish in reality! RAL code 3002 (chimney red) was too dark.

To be continued!

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 11.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 12.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 13.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 14.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 15.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 16.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 17.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 18.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 19.jpeg

One more thing for today:

The rattle can I bought had a defect! This whole re-painting of the fork has become a mess and nightmare right now. And made a 1st class murder crime scene out of my workshop. But, I will eventually manage that - I do not worry :) I am very skilled and experienced on the rattle-can. Have completed numerous high-class projects like KLEIN Attitude re-paints or SYNCROS powerlite fork, stem and Revolution crank re-paints. But this here challenges me at the moment 🙃

Meanwhile! ... I am in contact with a seller that owns 2 red Supercorsas that he is willing to let got and pass on to another buyer. Super nice price for 2 complete bikes! I think I will buy those and take one fork of them for this bike here. That would solve the fork-problem with one hit! ❤️

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 20.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 21.jpeg

Last time I saw one of those posters sell it went for over £600. Don't remember the exact figure but it would have been close to US$800 and it wasn't in mint condition by any stretch of the imagination.

Thank You ...everything is possible. I just dont know. I just find it highly unlikely in the year of 1987 - where the new and painted (and even pantographed) forks have already been used for 5 years.

Heres a quick shot of my 2 frames together. Pretty "sad" to see them standing like this, heh? :) Dont worry! Almost all parts are collected and they are just about to be completed over the next 2 or 3 weeks. :)

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 22.jpeg

Major update here! I finally was able to solve the fork question.

I managed to buy 2 other Cinelli Supercorsa project bikes (shipping damaged) of the mid 90s with matching color and simply took one fork.

I made an extension shim and started the surgery. Have done these fork extensions plenty of times before. I used to be in fear, but thankfully theyre not really a big deal for me by now!

Also, all Campagnolo C-Record parts are gathered and the handle bar has a beautiful leatherwork by now. Will post that later! Today is fork-day <3

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 23.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 24.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 25.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 26.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 27.jpeg

1987 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Sophisiticated Lady of Falko Schlötel Germany 29.jpg
!

Back