1984 Ciocc Aelle with Campgnolo Chorus/Record components

robbie1987

Retro Newbie
Please find my prized beauty, my 1984 Ciocc Aelle. I bought this bike quite a few years back after just totally falling in love with it online. I was sold the Frame as NOS having never been ridden and the seller agreed to build it up to my spec and more importantly my budget.

When I bought the bike I was quite niave to the history and tradition of cycling and with the benefit of hindsight I would most definately have went with Tubs, gumwalls at that. I have attached a few photos from before I bought it and a few snaps that I have taken myself since getting it home. I have now had this bike three years, and I till have not ridden it however this is going to change as soon as the good weather gets in. I have been researching Steel Bikes as I am currentky selling a few Frames (sadly far to big for me) for a good friend and everything I have read has just convinced me that having this bike sitting idle is a travesty and a waste.

If anyone can shed anymore light on the history of these beauties is would be much appreciated, in the meantime I will just enjoy using it as a ridiculously awesome piece of Art in my hallway.

BTW...Photo's were taken in my work, I don't actually live in a showroom, no matter what my girlfriend says.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5497430513/

Ciocc 8 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 7 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 5 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 4 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 2 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 3 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 1 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Ciocc 6 by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

there was a thread on here about ciocc started by a guy from holland[last week] wanting to know about his coppi . there is a strong link with coppi frames and ciocc . i found it fascinating.

Thanks guys, had a read through it there. Certainly is a fascinating tale and just adds to the prestige of my bike. Really cannot wait to the spring/summer

i would get a cheap 531 hack bike neoprene overshoes gloves tights lights m guards and do some laps and week end rides now. :D

Very nice :)

It was Giovanni Pelizzoli that worked on the design of Fausto Coppi bikes. Giovanni started the CIOCC company in 1969 and later sold the company in 1980 which still continues today. Its a bit of a mystery, but a lot of Giovanni's final Ciocc's frames from 1979/80 were rebranded. As with the Crowther/Ciocc that I have, maybe he was clearing stock to make a quick extra profit before selling the company.

Ciocc still maintain their high build quality so they are well sort after but fortunately don't command a Colnago type price tag! :)

Ciocc is one of my Italian favorites. No shiny disco bikes. Just classy and fresh bikes. Love it and the combination with the alu colored part works very good.

Nice project!

Latest posts

Back