1980's wheelset

Billybob2

Old School Hero
Trying to find some wheels for my 85 kili flyer,I think originally it had rigida/suntour wheels,but I don't mind what they are as long as it's period,Wolber,araya,ambrosio, I am building the frame with M700 dearhead so shimano hubs would be nice.

Still looking for a SR mts100 slingshot stem as well.

hi mate i have a set of the wheels you said it had original in very condition if you would like to see some pics pm ya email and will send ya some tomorrow morning if ya like they have very little use so braking surface is mint came of a 1980s trek6000

I have a set built with Araya RM25 rims, on high flange hubs; have to verify the model of the hubs; all silver, of course. $150 USD, and international shipping should run another $60, but I'm flexible on the price. If interested, I'll take pics.

GoldenEraMTB":3vkttdgb said:
I have a set built with Araya RM25 rims, on high flange hubs; have to verify the model of the hubs; all silver, of course. $150 USD, and international shipping should run another $60, but I'm flexible on the price. If interested, I'll take pics.
There just the sort of thing I am after,not to sure on importing them in from the U.S tho?

Billybob2":2elyi21m said:
GoldenEraMTB":2elyi21m said:
There just the sort of thing I am after,not to sure on importing them in from the U.S tho?

Don't let international shipping scare you :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a couple of sets that might be of interest. Off the top of my head both pairs have decent Exage hubs (both 500LX I think) and stainless spokes. One pair has bronze anodised Araya rims and the other Rigidal Laser 400 grey anodised rims.

I can get you pics if you're interested and will post prices once I've double checked the spec's.

Back