1979 Carlton 2x9 speed

It is a lovely looking thing, I find myself seeing it from two viewpoints. The first is oh wow look at the lovely paint on that frame and all the up to date components that is a cracking bike.

Then another bit of me looks at it and sees what would have been one of later Carlton Professional frames that is no longer the factory colour silver, that has been thoroughly upgraded losing it originality, which makes it perhaps less of a nostalgic steed.

However it is now maybe not so much a Carlton from 1979 but much closer to what a Carlton of 2024 might have looked like, or how a bike that was loved by its owner may well have been developed through the years to keep it current and smart.

Either way it looks stunning and is a credit to you. I am sure you will be asked all about it wherever you go.

I completely understand your point of view, the frame had already been refinished (it was silver once upon a time) and my aim was to build a useable older bike.

I have however done faithful restorations before but they are just a bit antique and don’t really suit modern riding.

IMG_1548.jpeg

Back