1977 Claud Butler Velox S Frame 003706

So, jobs done are wheels cleaned/serviced/polished, mudguards adjusted, bike washed. To-do list is polish frame, replace brightworks which are deteriorated, lube, adjust [maybe cut] seat post and ride. I may not get everything done before final step is more desirable... !

Should add, it came with the original CB brochure which was added into Retrobike Archive here:

and earlier [?] '72 details here:

The bike is not original spec, the owner had a mid-life upgrade performed early 2000's from our conversation hence bits of Shimano and a Rigida Wheel. Very keen to give it a test ride now as the hubs were very poor and now serviced may lead to a new level of zip.

Finished off the majority of the service, took it for a test ride to Frasers Bridge and smooth as butter.....
CBVS-0624-04.JPG
The frame is fully polished with a car wax sealant notionally lasting years... we'll see!

CBVS-0624-01.JPG
I replaced the front light bracket with a recovery item which still has chrome!

CBVS-0624-02.JPG
It rained on the ride and polish helped the frame shed the water. The new bearings and hub service made the bike much better to ride. As always, there are still jobs to do however it is a joy to own and ride.
CBVS-0624-03.JPG
Although the Velox S model is only Claud Butler mid-range in it's era it's a fine example of 1970's British bike making and I'm fortunate to own such a nice example.

Thank you Bob. The photo's show that I'd better allocate some time to more gardening! I'll be out on it today though, as long as the sun appears at some point! Seat post/saddle is around 3mm too high and there are still bit's that need done but it is pretty and good to ride.

Back