1965(ish) 23"FlyingScot, free to good home Glasgow coll

djoptix":2p9plpj1 said:
Well said sir.

+1.
And such a shame you had to say it. Seems you can't do anything these days without someone questioning peoples motives! :roll:

Hope Mr P is happy and does the decent thing with a comprehensive rebuild thread. ;) :LOL:

This bike has absolutely gone to the right person, it will be lovingly restored and ridden around it's homeland on road and track as intended.

Well done Mr P - glad K spotted it for you. Look forward to seeing the rebuild thread and the glorious on location photos, just don't wear those pink lycra shorts when you are on it :)

igm I'm still hoping your mother's flying scot will be more my size :)

Sadly The Ken, my mother's road bike is long gone. She rides an Orange C16R these days.

Come on Mr P, was the bike what you expected?

Oi! its not a 23" - its a 24" :D :D :D

.....which as far as I am concerned is a positive boon.

sent a text earlier Iain - all is good, better than expected in fact. Hate to tell you that your parents threw a few tyres at me as well, let me know if you were wanting any of them. They seem exposed to a recent bout of Clear Out Frenzy - it was all I could do to resist the extra rack and panniers :LOL:

BTW one of your family has two right rear panniers whilst your parents have kept the two left ones, that seemed to cause some amusement.

Once again many thanks for the opportunity to bring this back to life - its definitely a go-er.

May involve some more recent upgraded components but nothing OTT - will see what I have in stock. More Campag beckons I think:D

I have more tyres than I want or need and just the right number of panniers.

Glad you like it and I trust the restoration won't bankrupt you.

Enjoy.

The Ken":37yrfi6g said:
Mr P has a C16R as well :)

yup, this one........

DSCN2317.jpg

and a P7......

crerannov10047.jpg

If I add appropriate wheel/tyres to the Scot (and actually might even try with the current ones) I'll take it over this route next year - the track isn't that rough (Armaddy, Loch Etive)

:D

and yes expect a build thread.... ;)

Back