1960s Reg Harris Campione

Bianchi Celeste.

Which has had lots of shades over the years!
It seemed to get darker and deeper round about 1980, before that Celeste really was a powdery light green with just a hint of blue - now they've went full Rangers Football Club on it! 😁

Last edited:
I've got a Carlton frame from the 70s that was apparently supplied in Eau De Nil as an option.......mines red (and really grotty) so quite tempted to respray it Eau De Nil.

Tin of matched 7464c turned up yesterday and the match is pretty much spot on. Quite surprised how close it is actually.....

Just chucked some on the top tube with no prep just to see how good it is.......

H6UDhcqh.jpg

u7VFxcQh.jpg

I've got a Carlton frame from the 70s that was apparently supplied in Eau De Nil as an option.......mines red (and really grotty) so quite tempted to respray it Eau De Nil.

Tin of matched 7464c turned up yesterday and the match is pretty much spot on. Quite surprised how close it is actually.....

Just chucked some on the top tube with no prep just to see how good it is.......

H6UDhcqh.jpg

u7VFxcQh.jpg
Chucked! Chucked? Will you come and chuck some on one of mine?

Stripped the bike right down to the bare frame so I can get the rest of the dark green off - and to weigh it to see how much of a lightweight it is.....

26jlSZ7h.jpg

Not the lightest in the world but no gas-piper either. I guess plain gauge 531 (26.8 seat tube too)

Weirdly (and maybe interestingly if you like this sort of thing) it looks like it was painted a flam red colour at some point in its life. Under what I thought was the original blue/white/decals it's clear to see the gold and red of a flam finish. Question is - when was the frame refinished? Was it overpainted by the factory to fulfill an order (or a customer last minute change of mind) or later on its life..........who knows? Think I'm sticking with the blue / white colourway though as I love it.

ECvMXwCh.jpg

WPe2tqVh.jpg

4FrkTMxh.jpg

Latest posts

Back