1960s Jan de Reus *SOLD*

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering 1960s Jan de Reus frameset with bits

Jan de Reus was a builder with a great reputation. Many talented riders came to Jan in Halfweg (near A'dam) for having a frame tailor made. Jan de Reus frames in disguise were raced to multiple TdF stage wins.

The Reus I am offering is a 60s example. It is built using Reynolds 531 tubing, Prugnat lugs and Campagnolo ends.

Rare. You can be sure your neighbour hasn't another.

Features:
- Reynolds 531 tubing
- Campagnolo ends and drop outs
- Prugnat lugs
- metal Jan de Reus badge
- 'R' engraving in stay tops
- Seattube 58cm c-t
- Toptube 570mm

Condition:
It is a patina frame, but it is good. On cosmetic condition I can say you can expect chips, rust and dry paint. Structurally the frame is 100% sound. Give the Reus a wax treatment and it is ready for many enjoyable miles to come. View the many pics.

Comes with:
- headset (unidentified by me)
- Stronglight bottom bracket for cottered cranks
- pump fittings
- Silca Impero pump
- cable guide near bottom bracket

Optional:
- a pair Stronglight chromed steel cottored cranks

Looking for 160 gbp shipped

View all pics >>>

Go HERE

5635154541_c7c0a001f2_b.jpg

5635159129_58efa142e1_b.jpg

5635731958_b9c372ca6e.jpg
5635747202_a76946c511.jpg

5635153079_65a8982e3c.jpg
5635741404_2e43cfc018.jpg

5635157703_a83f554b42.jpg

Oozes a real sense of character that Mel....
I love it and could just picture that riding through the lanes on a sunny Sunday morning. Old school beauty.. :D

Without the Stronglight bottom bracket the frame can leave for 145 gbp including shipping. Threading is English.

God damn being so bloomin' skint and having two builds on the go as it is..
My size, and just lovely..

BUY IT SOMEONE PLEASE :cry:

wired99":3b1mwgs6 said:
God damn being so bloomin' skint and having two builds on the go as it is..
My size, and just lovely..

BUY IT SOMEONE PLEASE :cry:

I hope someone will. I am quite serious on my cleaning goals, so can't have it wait too long, so eventually I will have to send it to eBay. Please no eBay :x

I think the Reus is a gem that represents an interesting bit of Dutch racing history. The Reus can for example act as excellent starting point for a very fast and distinctive commuter bicycle. I think it offers lot of oppertunities and that for only 145 gbp to your door. Do I sound like a salesman now??? :oops: No, it is for the Reus. Please let me keep it away from eBay.

Due to labour day you can get it for 130 gbp today if you can proove you're a labourer.

as I am celebrating my birthday today, the offer will be extented for another day

Latest posts

Back