1953 Holdsworth Whirlwind

Glug

Devout Dirtbag
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very excited to see what you do with it! I have one of these that I use as my primary road bike (Dura-Ace 7900 derailleurs) and really enjoy it.

Cheers,
I'll get the frame this week and I can see what needs doing.
It seems to have chromed head lugs which I didn't realise was an option.
I'm also guessing the rear can handle 120mm or be cold set easily, I don't know what the OLD was in 1953.

My main ride is a 1961 Cyclone with Stronglight 49D + TA rings, New Winner ultra 6, mafac racers, and large flange tubulars.
So I could do something similar, but undecided yet - more research required.

The main issue atm is how to repaint it in magenta flamboyant, that will require some practise.

Cheers,
I'll get the frame this week and I can see what needs doing.
It seems to have chromed head lugs which I didn't realise was an option.
I'm also guessing the rear can handle 120mm or be cold set easily, I don't know what the OLD was in 1953.

My main ride is a 1961 Cyclone with Stronglight 49D + TA rings, New Winner ultra 6, mafac racers, and large flange tubulars.
So I could do something similar, but undecided yet - more research required.

The main issue atm is how to repaint it in magenta flamboyant, that will require some practise.
And how to avoid painting those lovely lugs, as well as bringing them back to their shining loveliness!

I've got previous with painting lugs so I'm in with a chance.

Hand painted with a brush, about 10 layers of paint and varnish (there's metal flake in the red):
IMG_0011.1.jpg

Back