1950s Harden Large Flange Hubs

£170 wow! If your lbs thinks its that easy to remove the freewheel now that you've stripped the rim off then I'd be inclined to let them have a go at removing it and then the hubs may be worth even more?

If this is like any of the vintage cogs I've tried to get off before I assume they are miracle workers. I've only had one successful outcome when the hub has been cut out the wheel like this and its frightening to think how much it cost me to do so.

Did the guy in your LBS go by the name of Houdini?

In that kind of condition with the added expense of a lengthy and probably unsuccessful conclusion to the freewheel extraction (likely with cosmetic, if not mechanical damage), I'd say these hubs were worth roughly a third of what youre asking.

Whatever you do - don't lace up just the non-drive side to a rim and try to screw the freewheel off as normal. You'll rip the hub in half. Been there, done that.....

I could do with some spares for these hubs tho, PM sent

Re: Fat Bob/coolbikes70, will you stop bumping your own threads with an alias?

You did it on your last sale of your 1949 Flying Scot Continental Supreme For sale/Swap thread - a tad obvious is it not?

Its not the end of the world but bumping your own threads is plain stupid, and probably get your a@se smacked.

Back