1936 Rollfast Rat Rod Survivor Build

Jamis Diablo":38gksrqu said:
Where did you get those tires?
They look pretty much like Conti Knobby's, I've been looking for a good repro tire for a while.
I found a NOS Knobby a year ago, only one in two years that popped up in Ebay.
But it is the wrong size for the rims I'm using on my clunker :roll:
Tyres here

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
TZEDS":1sisz2cc said:
If you look on american e-bay you can get seat posts for a tenner or just over,just make sure its 13/16ths with a 7/8th topand youll want 15inches length with that frame
Hi thanks. Apparently it's alled a 'collet type' as it expands internally, it makes sense as the seat post has no slit. Finding one will be hard, as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Dare":1kjqipvp said:
So you did put some paint on it? If you didn't please do...

Agreed, I did!
_avatar.gif
it was too grey
P1000394.jpg

Yeah i dont envy on you finding that seat post,theres the option of cutting the seat tube vertically,or is this sacrilige on a 36 survivor.Also are you relying on the coaster as you have no room for controls,and the crank,must surely be pre-war. lovin the build

OSMojo":1y033pd7 said:
Jamis Diablo":1y033pd7 said:
That is Rat! Love the forks and bars, thought you made tehm yourself.
So you did paint the frame after all?
The rear rim needs more rust. :)

Tenks! Yeah I sprayed it lightly and keeping the surviving scars intact, it was too bland just raw, I love it like this now.

Bars and forks come off a 70s 20" wheel AMF Avenger

I have some hydrogen peroxide I might give that right side of the rim a spray. I used it on the chain guard it rusts things before your eyes.

DSC_0026.jpg

AWESOME, my first brand new bike... yes... when I was very young. Mine was yellow, with the same fork/bar combo, heavy!

TZEDS":mbj7z1av said:
Yeah i dont envy on you finding that seat post,theres the option of cutting the seat tube vertically,or is this sacrilige on a 36 survivor.Also are you relying on the coaster as you have no room for controls,and the crank,must surely be pre-war. lovin the build

Cheers. There's a guy on Ratrodbikes trying to find one for me (it's a collet internally expanding one). Rare as rocking horse dung. Not gonna cut the head tube, and yes I'm just having the coaster to keep the lines clean uncluttered.

Back