1936 Rollfast Rat Rod Survivor Build

TZEDS":2p7r2sth said:
Liking this,where did you aquire those wheelz,been looking for some on these shores for an age,shipping and tax duties makes them expensive from US
Nothing like these over here. They are called 'drop centers', I paid around £80 once all duties and transport was done so not too bad.

Re:

Just a quick update. I've had a problem making the head tube fit the secret forks. The problem was so annoying, that after cut knuckles and a sore lower back, I kinda brutally tried to resolve it, I might have messed up. I'll take some pics on the weekend and show the latest state of the build.

Re:

So I finally managed to sort out the head tube. I had to buy two sealed bearings that went into the head tube, then used the existing two aswell, so it has four bearings. I still need to add a slim spacer as there is minute wobble. I still need to get a skip tooth crank and chain, pedals, seat post clamp. Then I'm done. Pannier doesn't fit. The lock (works perfectly) is NOS from a man who worked at Raleigh in the early fifties (he's 90).

The forks and bars are AMF Avenger 1970s.
P1000368.jpg

P1000366.jpg

P1000365.jpg

P1000364.jpg

P1000363.jpg

P1000361.jpg

P1000360.jpg

P1000358.jpg

P1000357.jpg

P1000356.jpg

P1000355.jpg

P1000372.jpg

P1000359.jpg

If you look on american e-bay you can get seat posts for a tenner or just over,just make sure its 13/16ths with a 7/8th topand youll want 15inches length with that frame

That is Rat! Love the forks and bars, thought you made tehm yourself.
So you did paint the frame after all?
The rear rim needs more rust. :)

Where did you get those tires?
They look pretty much like Conti Knobby's, I've been looking for a good repro tire for a while.
I found a NOS Knobby a year ago, only one in two years that popped up in Ebay.
But it is the wrong size for the rims I'm using on my clunker :roll:

Jamis Diablo":xqsi7a4g said:
That is Rat! Love the forks and bars, thought you made tehm yourself.
So you did paint the frame after all?
The rear rim needs more rust. :)

Tenks! Yeah I sprayed it lightly and keeping the surviving scars intact, it was too bland just raw, I love it like this now.

Bars and forks come off a 70s 20" wheel AMF Avenger

I have some hydrogen peroxide I might give that right side of the rim a spray. I used it on the chain guard it rusts things before your eyes.

DSC_0026.jpg

Back