19.5" Haro Extreme Comp e-stay frame-only on eBay USA, ships worldwide!

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View

Not mine. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it were a size smaller.
I can't say enough good things about these frames.
I've never heard of one breaking, and the BIN price of $150 is more than reasonable IMHO.

Haro Extreme Comp.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Do you know what year this model is? I'm looking to identify one just like it but in highlighter yellow.
With the CrMo bolt on rear triangle. I'm assuming it's from around 1990, but I can't find another example online. IMG_3255.JPG

The blue/lilac one above I believe is a 92. I've got one and they came kitted out with XTR M900, aside from an XT U brake, and Rockshox mag forks. I cant say I have seen the yellow version before.

Do you know what year this model is? I'm looking to identify one just like it but in highlighter yellow.
With the CrMo bolt on rear triangle. I'm assuming it's from around 1990, but I can't find another example online.

I don't know for sure because I've only been collecting for about 15 years. Even then, BITD when I just couldn't let go of my Nishiki Alien, I really didn't pay much attention to the sport as a whole because I was content keeping to myself and riding for many, many years.

All that said, I suspect that yellow bike is a repaint with stock stickers applied to it. If it were a team-only issue of some sort, I would have thought that the decals would be different. Even if it IS some kind of team-only issue, if everything else is the same, my opinion is for you to get the next one you can find in your size, strip it, and paint it (if I may coin a phrase here) "any colour you like". Every one I've ever seen looks like the one in the original post above.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect and that I don't know all there is to know, so it's perfectly possible that I'm wrong. There are many here that lived and breathed MTBs since the very beginning, and they would likely know best if yellow was original paint on this model.

Best of Luck in your quest.

Love that straight blade fork!
Decals ARE a different color.
Perhaps this is a prototype?
Either that or all the owners of yellow Haro Extreme Comps know they've got a rare item, and they're hanging on to it.
On that note, not to derail, but does anyone have a Haro Extreme Ti e-stay in a small or XS that they'd like to sell?
*Ahem* OK, back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Thanks! Getting much closer to a match..

Mine is Comp version.. XT components
XT cranks stamped '89.. the brakes, FD, RD are stamped '90, so i'm assuming this bike is 90-91

Anyone know how Haro measured these? The one I have measures approx 22.5" from center to top

Thanks! Getting much closer to a match..

Mine is Comp version.. XT components
XT cranks stamped '89.. the brakes, FD, RD are stamped '90, so i'm assuming this bike is 90-91

Anyone know how Haro measured these? The one I have measures approx 22.5" from center to top

Measurement chart from the '91 catalogue:

haro.png

Thanks.. turns out it's 21.5" by Haro specs

Anyone who own one of these with the CrMo elevated-stays.. does yours have a serial # stamped on inside of non-drive side dropout?
I have a # 000029 on mine

Latest posts

Back