16 or17" full chro-mo rigid Orange/Kona/Dawes/Etc. comp

ssmco28

Dirt Disciple
I am after my first retro ride I have £100 or maybe more to spend. 16 or 17" full chro-mo rigid Orange /Kona /Marin/ Dawes/GT Or anything interesting Must be complete, if not ridable.
I love some of the Orange Clockworks on this site so may be interested in a frame set and parts.
I am in Gloucestershire.
Mark

I have a 17" tange prestiage frame and king headset i could let go for £120 posted double butted tubing s bend seat and chain stays in champagne silver colour finish can include forks for an extra £30 on top im away til the 2nd of October if your interested il put pic's up

My max budget in £150 for the whole completed bike and as I'm new to the retro bike world I will have to buy all parts to complete.
Also my preference is for early 90's bikes.
Thanks Mark

ssmco28":tqawc86h said:
My max budget in £150 for the whole completed bike and as I'm new to the retro bike world I will have to buy all parts to complete.
Also my preference is for early 90's bikes.
Thanks Mark

Depending what sort of kit your looking for £150 might not get you very far normally orange frames and forks go for £120+ depending on condition model kona's not far off the same plus parts an old deore, dx, xt m730 groupset goes from anything from £70-£200 again depending on condition then you've got wheels stem post saddle tyres its cheaper normally to buy a complete bike but if you could save up too £200+ you'll more than likely get a nice bike that doesn't need new cables pads and parts (that soon add up quickly)

And welcome too the forum lose all hope of having savings in your account lurking here i used to have loads of cash but its all gone on shiney parts and niche frames i though oooww gotta have :oops: :oops: :oops: im now on a 4 bikes max from the missus :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

16" Kona Cinder Cone 1989 21 speed

I maybe persuaded to let this go............. Frame is ok-ish, its the Joe Murray paintwork. Paint has rubbed away due to cable rub on headtube, on bottom bracket and on rear chainstay. Forks are Kona P2 and are almost brand new. I built it up earlier this year. Has new seatpost, U brake, cables and bottom bracket. Running gear of a mid 90s Diamondback.
A great intro to the retro world

Attachments

• P1040751 [800x600].jpg
    P1040751 [800x600].jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 509
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I maybe persuaded to let this go............. Frame is ok-ish, its the Joe Murray paintwork. Paint has rubbed away due to cable rub on headtube, on bottom bracket and on rear chainstay. Forks are Kona P2 and are almost brand new. I built it up earlier this year. Has new seatpost, U brake, cables and bottom bracket. Running gear of a mid 90s Diamondback.
A great intro to the retro world

P1040751 [800x600].jpg
Description:
Filesize: 86.81 KB
Viewed: 10 Time(s)

P1040751 [800x600].jpg
How much and where are you?
Mark

Am I likely to find a tatty but complete 1992 or so Marin Palisades Trail or Bear Valley or a GT Karakoram or Tequesta for £150.
Mark

Back