Sorted 113mm axel for 93 Merlin mountain

Rog

Retro Guru
Hi all I’m looking for a 113mm axel for my 93 merlin mountain.

Iv tried Phil woods but they seem to all be sold out, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Have also been searching for a BB spindle for my ‘89 Merlin build.
Have managed to find (after about 2 months of looking) a company in the US that does Ti ones in different lengths - incl 113mm.
These are manufactured as BMX spindles (Answer Inc), but have checked with the manufacturers and they are 17mm dia with JIS sq tapers and standard 8mm threaded holes.
Good prices, even incl shipping.
I have ordered one and should have it in the next couple of days so will report back then ref qlty and fit etc.

Link to site - https://answerbmx.com/product/answer-slider-bottom-bracket-ti-spindle/

Hope this helps.

Pete

Have also been searching for a BB spindle for my ‘89 Merlin build.
Have managed to find (after about 2 months of looking) a company in the US that does Ti ones in different lengths - incl 113mm.
These are manufactured as BMX spindles (Answer Inc), but have checked with the manufacturers and they are 17mm dia with JIS sq tapers and standard 8mm threaded holes.
Good prices, even incl shipping.
I have ordered one and should have it in the next couple of days so will report back then ref qlty and fit etc.

Link to site - https://answerbmx.com/product/answer-slider-bottom-bracket-ti-spindle/

Hope this helps.

Pete
thank you so much for the info Pete! iv been pulling my hair out trying to find the above! been driving me up the wall!! please let me know how it fits once you receive it.
How much was the total including shipping?

cheers

Think the total incl tax and shipping was about $120 - so about £95.

I think that as this under £130, there wont be any import duty to pay - but will know when it arrives. 🤞

So very good saving on the Phil Wood options - but like you, Phil didn’t have any and it sounds like they maybe aren’t doing them any more?

I think that as this under £130, there wont be any import duty to pay - but will know when it arrives. 🤞

So very good saving on the Phil Wood options - but like you, Phil didn’t have any and it sounds like they maybe aren’t doing them any more?
thats not bad at all price wise with shipping etc. considering the Phil Wood Ti was $180 dollars without shipping!!!

i did message Phil Wood twice without no reply......

fingers crossed this works out for you.... then me!

Hey mate

Did the axle turn up?

Back