10sp ultegra di2 help

There's really not a great deal you can do with it apart from plug it into the E-tube app to make sure everything is talking to each other properly. This will also tell you if any single component is dead, allow updates to the firmware and change what button does what. As I said above though if everything is working it really is best to just leave it be and not mess with anything.

Thanks all. I think my version doesn't have the option to plug it in or connect it up without further parts. As it's working I think I'll leave it as it is for the time being. I'm so used to mechanical gearing, and while my industry is IT, I want to leave work behind when riding so maybe analogue is best for me in that regard.

Does this stuff just completely suck?? How many bikes we have had where rear derailleur and shifters last for decades.

Ive cool friends with electronic shifting on mtb and it seems like its been durable. I wont accept the prices but the stuff does work well for them.

Why again would someone buy spares while it is working? If its that bad you dont want it anyway.

I think only reasonable approach is to figure by budget: if sale price gets you an 11 speed everything then do it, otherwise ride it until it breaks - experience the magic - and then upgrade to 10 speed mechanical bits.

With 10 speed, it works, don't touch it. Don't even think about touching it. And absolutely under no circumstances plug it into e-tube, unless it's already broken. From memory (been a while, I tried to blank it from my mind), if you try to update it with anything other than old e-tube V3, it just bricks the whole system

Back