Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I’d appreciate any advice
I’m thinking of getting a 10sp shimano compatible cassette
And a Tiso Altore 366 which is said to rub 9 and 10sp (shimano) https://www.disraeligears.co.uk/site/tiso_-_web_site_2005_image_3.html

Question is, can I just simply replace the cassette I have with a 10 sp one?
And then should the aforementioned derailleur work with a 10sp MTB shifter such as a M980 shifter?

Thanks

I’d appreciate any advice
I’m thinking of getting a 10sp shimano compatible cassette
And a Tiso Altore 366 which is said to rub 9 and 10sp (shimano) https://www.disraeligears.co.uk/site/tiso_-_web_site_2005_image_3.html

Question is, can I just simply replace the cassette I have with a 10 sp one?
And then should the aforementioned derailleur work with a 10sp MTB shifter such as a M980 shifter?

Thanks
No Expert, but 10 speed fit on 9 speed hubs, I would buy an MTB cassette to use with an MTB shifter. Probably be okay then.

8,9 and 10 speed take up the same space, so they're interchangeable. A derailleur is stupid, so it just takes whatever indexing is provided by the shifter. The only limitation is the reach of the derailleur. The derailleur you talk about is a road derailleur and it may not accommodate larger cogs of a mtb cassette, so it'd be better to get a road cassette. You'd still need a 10 speed shifter, or a friction shifter.

Thanks guys
The cassette is a 11-23T specialities TA Kheops so a road one.
So a 10sp shifter should make this work ?

Thanks guys
The cassette is a 11-23T specialities TA Kheops so a road one.
So a 10sp shifter should make this work ?
TA Kheops has the same indexing as a Shimano cassette so yes, a 10 speed shimano specific shifter will work.

I believe your derailleur may handle up to 30t, perhaps a few teeth less. 11 to 23 will be just fine.

I believe your derailleur may handle up to 30t, perhaps a few teeth less. 11 to 23 will be just fine.
Thanks again man!
Apparently it’s Max 27T - and the cassette cogs can be changed etc

Thanks
I’m thinking M980 10 sp shifter if that works

Shimano 10 speed MTB shifters are not compatible with 8, 9, 10 speed road mechs. 10 speed cassettes and chains are interchangeable.

Last edited:
Back