1" steerer suspension forks

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Need some suspenders to suit an early 90's Kona, ones that work.
1" Steerer, headtube is 110mm

140mm Threaded steerer
or
200mm (by my calculation) A-head steerer

WHY?

i have two sets of Manitou's that would need rebuilding into one good set. one has a 1" steerer the other 1and1/8th.
let me know what other details you need both steerers are threaded but quite short so i think you would need to be certain of the length(!) you want first.
also have a Campagnolo headset in 1" threaded that would go well with em!

Have some NOS boxed with all the bits and pump Rock Shox Mag21's with 1" threaded steerer.

If your frame is 17" plus they'll pop straight on, just trim the excess steerer off.

MCsanandreas":18lmk4xg said:
i have two sets of Manitou's that would need rebuilding into one good set. one has a 1" steerer the other 1and1/8th.
let me know what other details you need both steerers are threaded but quite short so i think you would need to be certain of the length(!) you want first.
also have a Campagnolo headset in 1" threaded that would go well with em!

Which Manitou's are these? How much travel? Rebuilding might be a bit of a faff though to be honest. They aren't for me you see. Thanks though.

Skeelsie":18lmk4xg said:
Have some NOS boxed with all the bits and pump Rock Shox Mag21's with 1" threaded steerer.

If your frame is 17" plus they'll pop straight on, just trim the excess steerer off.

I wouldn't want them to go for less than £140 though. :oops:

Not a bad price for NOS. Think it might be over budget though, i've sent it on, we'll see. Cheers!

Which Manitou's are these? How much travel? Rebuilding might be a bit of a faff though to be honest. They aren't for me you see. Thanks though.

good question. dont know! they are the early elastomer ones do not know a whole lot about em. bought for a project that never happened.
i will put pics up if you like in the morning.

been away for a few days so just catching up now. steerer is 137mm and the forks have a campagnolo headset to go with em.

Sorry, missed your reply :oops:

Are they in good working order and how much would you want for them, any pics? Budget is quite tight, it's for the sister in law's bike. Been a while since I worked on threaded steerers and not sure how accurate you have to be with length and amount of thread required.

Easy_Rider":d9mqmckw said:
Sorry, missed your reply :oops:

Are they in good working order and how much would you want for them, any pics? Budget is quite tight, it's for the sister in law's bike. Been a while since I worked on threaded steerers and not sure how accurate you have to be with length and amount of thread required.

good working order? no! they do need new elastomers,maybe the two sets of forks could be made into one.
off out now and wont be back online till later this afternoon.

Back