1 1/4" headset spacers - help!

backintheday

Devout Dirtbag
Hi guys,

I have an old Conondale with a set of Pace RC35s (which I've had since I was 15!) and have just (thanks to Fork English) got a new steerer. But I was looking to lift the stem a bit and so need to find some 1 1/4" a headset spacers. Does anyone know where I can find any. In my abcence from biking I seemed to have missed the meeting where this size was banished! :)

Carbon spacers would be preferred.

Thanks

Thanks guys, £5 for 1.5mm will soon stack up as I'm looking for about 50mm.

Chris King seems tohave taken over the headset market somewhat eh! :) I did see that in the US they are more redily available. couldnt really find anything in the UK.

So, it looks like I'm going to have it machined.

I do some design work for a friend and I'm using his machinist. So I'm assuming I'll get it for nothing if not at cost.

They are making me a 32.5mm ID, 38.5mm OD by 60mm in whatever Ally they have around.

What length would you require? and do you have a drawing of the top you would want? I'm guessing, a flat 2mm thick top 38.5mm OD, with a recess for a bolt?

I'm just about to send the sketch of the spacer I want, I have decided a 3mm wall is probably over kill and the example I have is old and cheap... and am going for 2.5mm wall.

What length do you want and I'll add it to mine (and hopefully get it to you for nowt).

..and if in the mean time you could get me a drawing of the top cover, I shall ask them for a price.

:oops: I didnt spot that! Thanks for noting!

Well, I have a quote coming for a 60mm and 40mm coming.

Which would look a bit prettier.

Back