07 Hope Mini advice needed

adam_c__trials

Dirt Disciple
20240910_160950.jpg
Had a mishap riding trials earlier and wondering what the best course of action is..

This brake was off my Orange 5, it's a Mono Mini 2007. I've had the lever pop out like this before and have fixed it. I don't know if it actually hit anything when I fell or not. Minor problem is, the brass washer (HBSP104) is bent a little bit. I may have a spare new one hidden somewhere at work but not sure. Or be able to straighten it with pliers. Also, I'm wary of using this lever for trials if this is going to keep happening, I don't want to mess up the groove that the circlip sits in by having it pop out all the time (if that makes sense) because that's just a bit of a waste of a lever. Also my riding style is best described as "clumsy, a bit rubbish" and it might be there's a better option for me.

So,
Option 1 - new Trial Zone lever, Tartybikes have one about the same age in stock for £107, does anyone have any experience with this? I'm led to believe it would work fine with this Mono Mini caliper, can anyone verify or dispute this? I have loved the feel of this brake and I would stump up for this lever if it's going to be nice. Also, can this lever hold up to fairly rubbish trials riding or is it similar to my current one?

Option 2 - Fix this one again and Hope for the best (see what I did there?)

Option 3 - get like an Avid BB7 or something. Could sell this pair of brakes (anyone want them? have a rear as well)

Many thanks
Adam

just rebuild the lever assembly and rebleed, if you can't be bothered you can send it back to Hope and they will do it for you, it's not crazy money

I'd go for option 2 if it were me. Hope brakes are easy to work on in my experience. Failing that, as suggested, hope will service an entire brake for half the price of a new lever and that includes new pads too as well as a rebuild and bleed.

These are rebuildable and it's not difficult. From memory the Hope website has exploded diagrams. Hardest part might be getting hold of the right kit.

Therefore, I'd go with Option 2 (but minus the bad pun :) ).

Back