高性能自転車二輪車 Early Tushingham B52 High Performance Two Wheeler

Hi I will answer the second now... I fitted a 130oln qr axle to the joytech hub off the Marin, it was tricky to fit as it was tight!

So 128 will be similar.

The seatpost is stamped with a size so will take a look for you

Many thanks for your reply.

That's confirm we have to find rear hubs in 126 or 130 (max) size ("over luck nut" dimension is the right term) for this bike.
You know certainly this document where we can find complete information for the Exage range : https://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery...mano/NewFamily1989/Pages+33+_amp_+34.jpg.html

In practice, it looks like most of 7 speeds hubs sold are in 135 oln size. At least here in France for 21 speeds MTB sold mainly in the early 90's.
In classified ads, 18 speeds MTB are often (almost) very low quality bikes, with TYxx or noname components ...

Have you noticed that is exists 2 variants of Exage Mountain ?
I found (on ebay) dark grey parts and others in bright alu (as explained also in the shimano catalog above)
Moreover it exists also 2 different rear u-brakes : A ref BR-M451 (plastic covered) and a ref BR-M452 (full light alloy) !

That's why it is not easy to find a homogeneous set of "Exage Mountain" parts coming from different ads ...

PS : my seat post is stamped 26.4
It fits well, but it is not the original one ; "Italmanubri" brand ...

Excellent,
Would you be willing to share the bikes Serial Number either publicly or via PM?
I have a 'thing' about Tushinghams, on one of the threads I've posted up the known Tushingham Serial numbers for the sake of research and posterity :)

Cheers
Andy

It's a 26.4 KALLOY seatpost

It would be a 6 speed screw on hub originally probably why it's 130 oln

Where would I find the serial number?

Serial number should be on the bottom bracket shell, it maybe partially covered by the cable guide.

Hi,

Thanks for this information. It is the same size than mine. But it could be used also on PG seat tube (those with 28.6 external diameter and 1.0 thickness)

I find the marketing data for the Tange 1200 MTB tubesest (triple butted version, it exists also with double butted). It corresponds to both seat tubes proposal :
1641893621160.png

PS : I will check also the s/n of my bike during the next week-end (not possible during the week). To see if our B-52s were build together !! :D

H87 10 8456?
Hi,

As promised, I looked for the serial number of my B52. But unhappily I failed to remove the cable guide. The screw is completely blocked and damaged.
I put a lot of WD40 and I will retry during the next week-end (the bike is not at my home, as I can't use it as daily commuter for the moment ...)
Without removing the cable guide, I can just see that the serial number starts with a T before a H !!!
Strange.
Perhaps Mr Andy T. knows what it means ?

Ignore this post, incorrect information. Corrected in a post further on.
Andy (Jan 17th 2022)

Interesting Fx_1970,
Not doubting you, are you sure it starts with a T?
I've misread serials before during to an incomplete stamping of the letter/number.

All the Tushinghams that I'm aware of their serial numbers starting with -
For completeness - Muddy Fox Courier (white) frame numbers are in the H87-08 -?? range, this is important as the Tushingham frames are decended from this frame/serial line. What would be useful to know is there any Muddy Fox Couriers with a serial after H87-10? Or when did the factory producing these frames change its serialing from H87 to H7, was there an H1 production run?

Tushinghams
Early- H87-10...... (earliest I know of)..... which migrates to..
Early- H7(letter)...... which migrates to H8(letter).....

The H8 serial is carried on to the Red Muddy Fox Courier which is a direct descendant of the final later Tushinghams. (Same frames).

Last edited:
Back