高性能自転車二輪車 Early Tushingham B52 High Performance Two Wheeler

was8v

Senior Retro Guru
Like most of you on here, I casually browse ebay, gumtree, facebook marketplace etc looking for the next retro find to be dragged out the back of someones garages and put up for sale as a "munting bake".

By "casually" I mean I go through phases of spending hours every day obsessively scouring the internet.

Well possibly my best find ever, has just found me, literally it popped up in my newsfeed during a break from my obsession. Something I had hoped to own one day as it was a part of my teenage 90's MTB journey, so a kind of Unicorn but not the shiny trinket type.

More later when I've picked it up.

Last edited:
Advertised as a "Stationary Bike" in the next village.

265101488_4026684220803622_5764312477407518948_n.jpeg

A bit rusty the advert said.

I first spotted the thumbies and thought perhaps this wasn't another BSO...

With the image so large its almost obvious what it is....but on a mobile, with facebook not allowing zoom, I jumped on the computer!

When I went to pick it up, the lady casually mentioned her friend Lester gave it to her for knee rehab after an op, and he had said to give it away again when she was done with it.

Her friend had started a bike company so had lots of bikes, I might have heard of Orange bikes?

Oooooh ........ story makes the bike even better.

So, is it staying stationary?...... its original and only original once

Well I did hear Lester Noble lives not far away, so it checks out. I had visions of a box fresh early Tushingham, and one carefully owned by the company founder.

Anyway, all was not as I hoped 🤣

Wow! Amazing find & story, you couldn’t make this up... absolutely awesome stuff! Look forward to seeing it de-stationised! :LOL:

Back