You're all gonna hate me!

slinky182

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry to bring this subject up again, but can I run non-ust Conti Supersonics on Mavic SLR's? I know these are UST rims but does that mean you need ust tyres?

Also has anyone got an opinion on the Mavic slr's?

yes you can

im running kenda klimax on mine!

mind you thou i had to get 100 psi in mine before they seated thou!

I've had great luck running lots of standard tires on UST wheels. Using stans sealant you can still run them tubeless. It gives you a lighter tire and a wider choice of tires by not having to use UST.

Ust's

So can I use Conti Supersonics without tubes on the SLR's, or will I need innertubes. I tried running them on some Crossmax Enduro's a while a go with Olympic rim strips but the air escaped under the valve. I might just try with the Mavic valve on my SLR's. Any thoughts?

as said above , with the Stan no tube kit it is ok . but you need a compressor to inflate them the first time .

stans

When I tried the rim strips the valve moulding was too wide to seat in the rim so the air was just going round it and out through the valve hole. Would it be ok with the mavic ust valves and no rim strips?

Yes you want to use the Mavic valve without a rim strip. But you must use the stans sealant as that's what will keep the tire from bleeding.

Back