Wookiee's 95 Nickel Orange P7 finished Page 4 ridden Page 6!

Re: Wookiee's 1995 Nickel Orange P7 100% finished page 4

is it lacquered? the plating looks really good with no discolouration from lacquer, even when fresh lacquer makes it go slightly er, what's the word? tinted i suppose.

nice bright stickers aswel

jonnyboy666":3a3i4pjd said:
is it lacquered? the plating looks really good with no discolouration from lacquer, even when fresh lacquer makes it go slightly er, what's the word? tinted i suppose.

nice bright stickers aswel

Not lacquered but may need to if I keep riding it in the wet!! Wanted to see how it rides before I spent more buck on a coating...currently just waxed. The decals are replacements but good ones I feel... :D

that partly explains the really bright finish :D

before i had mine lacquered i rode it for a bit and kept it clean, then i took it on an IOW ride, a damp and muddy ride, then left it unwashed for a few days (which was hard for me to do!) to see if it rusted and how much, surface rush started surprisingly quickly, so i stripped it, polished the hell out of it then got it lacquered at Argos. still good a few years on and cleans like any normal painted bike and no polishing!

Ahh yeah as I was fearing Jonny...I'll ride it a bit and see how it feels but it feels good so far...then may need to strip it down and lacquer I fear! :facepalm:

Really nice mate! so good to see it built in such a short time, was hesitant about selling it tbh but I made the right choice, it's gone to a good home. You can always lacquer over the decals (I wouldn't personally) or I could email you the templates for new decals, just put em on a memory card and take to your local sign printer! happy days!

That's a little cracker :cool:

I've always loved the look of the nickel P7s ever since one of my riding buddies got one new.

Good days they were.

Now get out and ride it! :D

dezzi":2gls101r said:
Really nice mate! so good to see it built in such a short time, was hesitant about selling it tbh but I made the right choice, it's gone to a good home. You can always lacquer over the decals (I wouldn't personally) or I could email you the templates for new decals, just put em on a memory card and take to your local sign printer! happy days!

Thanks mate a copy of the decals may be very handy...still not sure if black would look better?

cherrybomb":3lkd7de1 said:
That's a little cracker :cool:

I've always loved the look of the nickel P7s ever since one of my riding buddies got one new.

Good days they were.

Now get out and ride it! :D

Thanks mate and it will be ridden!

wookiee":2bl0mzrq said:
dezzi":2bl0mzrq said:

Thanks mate a copy of the decals may be very handy...still not sure if black would look better?

I nearly got a set done in brilliant white, not original I know but thought it would stand out nicely, I'll send you the templates then you can print em in any colour you like :D

superb looks - beautiful. Needs loads of mud and crap now

Latest posts

Back