Wookiee's 95 Nickel Orange P7 finished Page 4 ridden Page 6!

Re: And so it begins another project!

....update the parts are stacking up.

- Pace RC36 proclass forks.
- Mavic 217 sup wheelset.
- Mix of mainly M739 XT (v brakes, mechs and brake levers), M008 XT 8 speed gear levers and just an LX chainset (looking for an XT)
- Selle Italia X0 saddle with orange bits
- Smoke and Dart tyres

Other small parts too and a lot of polishing!!

Doug

Re: And so begins another project...1995 Nickel Orange P7!

PopsTrippin":1gwoizx6 said:
Have you got this built up yet mate?

Hey Rich,

Not quite! Awaiting a shim for the steerer then it can get finished...Hopefully this weekend...

Re: And so it begins...1995 Nickel Orange P7 99% finished pa

Ok so I have managed to get this bad boy underway! Thanks to Dezzi for the initial frameset and then the subsequent Pace fork shim, this bike is very very nearly there! Put it all together today and cabled it up etc...only to find that one of the pairs of XT v brakes has huge amount of play/wobble. I have just tried using this method:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148735&hilit=M739+V+brake

Which has eliminated the horizonal play but not the vertical! :facepalm: So I am a rear brake down but other than that it is complete...

Pleased with the look of it but I'm yet to ride it as its pissing down and dark now! After a lot of polishing the silver bits have all come up well. Still not sure if black decals would look better or if blackwall tyres would suit it more. But here it is for now!...and how it fits in with the current stable!

Thanks for looking

Doug

Attachments

• img_1412 (2).jpg
    img_1412 (2).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 279
  • img_1411 (2).jpg
    img_1411 (2).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 279
  • img_1409 (2).jpg
    img_1409 (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 279
  • img_1410 (2).jpg
    img_1410 (2).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 279

Thumbs up to that, really like those forks, be interesting to see what is like compared to a marin when riding, I think you will be suprised just how good it is, on all terrains!

dezzi":nl6u06n3 said:
Thumbs up to that, really like those forks, be interesting to see what is like compared to a marin when riding, I think you will be suprised just how good it is, on all terrains!

Well sitting astride it it feels a more comfy ride position...with the suss forks the front end is higher and a bit more friendly to the wrist than the Marin Team. Feels like it could be more of a long rider...

....apologies for the crap pics in my garage!

Doug

Latest posts

Back