White Brothers disc adaptor (for SC90)

LQQK

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Is there an after market disc adaptor for the old White Brothers forks that use the goofy spacing they use (22mm ?). Or will I just save a lot of searching, grief and cost by sticking with Magura rim brakes?

This is a shot of the disc tab on the WB SC90

Attachments

• SAM_0092.JPG
    SAM_0092.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,474
I remember selling those bitd. IIrc White Bros made several different mounts depending upon the calliper type and also the disc size. You'll either have to ask on here or scour the bay.

I'd be interested to see one myself as they were hard to get even back then!

They look sort of similar to the ones on my RC150's (see the RC500 build thread in my signature). They too use an adaptor to fit the caliper, depending on the type of caliper.

I remember I had one on one of my old Dual Slalom bikes and dug up a pic. They're nothing more than flat stock Al (3/8" IIRC) with 2 tapped holes for the fork mount and 2 holes for the brake mount. Fabbing one up would be easy. some plate, a hacksaw and a drill+tap and you're good to go.

Klein.jpg

WBmount.jpg

That one is probably in a box in my garage, but 1st gen. Pro Stops weren't IS, so it would be of no use to you.

LQQK":gjadf4nk said:
big.eck":gjadf4nk said:
you got a pic of the mount ? i may have something from hayes that'll fit ;)

Any luck? I would really like to run these on my Boulder.

nope sorry , i only have a hayes 22mm caliper which bolts on slightly diffrent :(

I reckon these would be the same as amp ones, so keep an eye out for those too. I may have one that will allow you to run the early hope standard callipers.

i had a pair of SC90s BITD too and I had a factory White Brothers IS disc mount adaptor plate, but it also had a band style clamp that went round the leg (like the old hope/pace setup)..

I bent the forks and ditched them years ago but there is a slim chance I still have the mount, however, I'm in rented at the moment between house moves so all my stuff is in storage, will have a rummage next time im down the lockup but might have to wait until April till I can properly check.

Matt

Latest posts

Back