Which bike lock

ian.allen2

Retro Guru
I am after a bike lock so I can lock my bike up if I have to. After rebuilding it, I wouldnt want it to get knicked.
I dont want to get a heavy one like a motorbike lock and chain to put a potential thief off, but after something that is cheap, light and strong.

This would be a bit extreme

a few of these
lots-of-bicycle-locks_e88ZA_17340_zpsfc69d511.jpg

It would take ages to unlock the ones that matter. The ones on the crossbar are a waste of time as they do nothing.
Someone should nick their wheel nuts. They would still have to walk home. lol

Surprised the gypos haven't cut the one lock around the rack on the 1st PIC and chucked the whole lot in the pick up to weigh in.

I picked up a Knog Straight Jacket on offer at halfords, if a theif wants the bike I doubt anything would hold up, it looks the part.

stewlewis":1804cnb5 said:
Surprised the gypos haven't cut the one lock around the rack on the 1st PIC and chucked the whole lot in the pick up to weigh in.

I picked up a Knog Straight Jacket on offer at halfords, if a theif wants the bike I doubt anything would hold up, it looks the part.

I noticed all the locks on the bike and only one logking it to the rack. Makes it a bit pointless. :)

There is no such thing as a good, cheap, light lock that will deter a thief. You pays for whats you gets - get the strongest, heaviest, most expensive lock you can. I can personally recommend the Kryptonite New York lock, not cheap, not light, but very strong and a proven track record of high security.

Back