Whats with the fashion for no brakes...

I had Dia-Compe MX brakes on my Redline ;)

Thinking back, me, my brother and my brothers mate Phil used to set up jump ramps in the road and then jump over each other and all the other kids in our street, on our BMX's. We'd do trial runs with one person watching to see where the bike landed. He would then scratch a mark on the road with a stone and we would all lie down from the mark back towards the ramp. Once in position the main event would commence. My older brother could allways jump the furthest and it would always be me that ended up lying by the mark with the other parents kids being further back towards the ramp. Looking back that was remarkably stupid, I can still remember coloured bmx tyres going right past my face. I'm amazed none of our parents stopped us.

Phil had a Mongoose with Skyways and my brother had a Hutch. :cool:

Also, I had no brakes on my skateboard and I used to sit on that and go down hills.

I usually ride bmx with a brake but sometimes (mainly due to repainting or breaking something) i ride without a brake, feels wierdly refreshing, tricks seem to feel easier, no idea why, kills trainers thow and thats from just riding in skateparks, commuting with no brakes is stupid!

Driving through Billericay once one of those scrotes with no brakes put a big dent in the front panel of my old bay camper, then ran away. I saw him coming down the desperately trying to stop, I was in the process of an emergency brake, but he still hit, he ran into me, not me him, there I noticed no brakes. I told the cops, supplied all details and such to say he had buggered off, run away, but I heard nothing at all and my camper was sold on a few years later with that dent.

Latest posts

Back