What did we learn today?

Well today I learnt that M970 series XTR hubs are much nicer to regrease than and of the previous versions of XTR.

The standard Shimano grease is also much better and cheaper than the alternatives too.

andrewl":3ockefss said:
Well today I learnt that M970 series XTR hubs are much nicer to regrease than and of the previous versions of XTR.

The standard Shimano grease is also much better and cheaper than the alternatives too.

We called that green stuff 'space grease' at a shop I worked at, you can buy it in tubs but a guy who was once high up in Shimano Canada told me it's not the same formula as what comes inside the hubs!

I like the stuff that comes on the better (xt/xtr) chains - smells kind of like sweat - can't really explain why I like it - nostalgia for the days when buying an XT chain seemed like an extravagance I guess?

:oops:

I learned today that I may be a closeted thread derailer.

that in Denmark, its law to drive with full lights during the day! I just thought the locals were being friendly flashing and waving :LOL:

that if your other half is a driving instructor, with a full day of lessons booked, in the worst winter in history ever II, you shouldn't try building your new bike in the hall :oops: busted!

That a Christmas tree which fitted through the door no problem at all 3 weeks ago when it was all tied up with twine, will shed approx. 95% of its needles if you try and take it through the same door after having it sat next to a radiator for all of Christmas. :x

That people who say they are interested and will take it , then taking loads of pictures for them only say Oh! I've got sorted thanks.. :roll: :roll:

Back